The forest industry is a major source of wealth, specifically in Canada where it ranks first in the world in terms of the forest products trade balance. It includes a variety of sectors and its optimal exploitation requires numerous automation needs. In order to perform and remain constantly competitive on the market, businesses in this industry must certainly rely on components and industrial machines at the cutting edge of technology, on top of relying on the optimization of their technological resources already in place.
Whether it requires expertise in automation, heavy industry, IIoT – Industrial Internet of Things, machine safety, machine vision, motion control, robotics and cobotics or traceability, each business always benefits from our in-depth expertise of the industrial sector in order to identify the best products, the best technology or the most appropriate solution for their needs.
Main industrial sectors Forest Industry
- Forestry and logging | Tree felling, wood harvesting and sawmill
- Pulp and paper product manufacturing | Newspaper, printing paper, packaging cardboard, pulp for chemical processing, cardboard bags, etc.
- Solid wood product manufacturing | Lumber wood, engineered wood, structural panels, carpentry products, etc.
Main industrial applications Forest Industry
- Automation | Automation of technological components or industrial machines
- Heavy industry | Electrification, high power industrial machines and robust products
- IIoT | Intelligent interfaces, wireless communication and connection of industrial objects
- Machine safety | Proven safety mechanisms and systems
- Machine vision | Quality control, detection and reading of precise data
- Motion Control | Coordination of precise, repetitive or preprogrammed movements
- Robotics & cobotics | Robotization of precise or random tasks, autonomous or non-autonomous
- Traceability | Identification of wood, pulp and paper products, and logging lots